Wow, that is a long flight...5-6 movies, video games and a book and a half later.... we made it here at 8am on Fri! Ethiopia is 8 hours ahead of US time so it feels like midnight to us, but it is warm and sunny, my body is so confused.
The only glitch so far has been getting our luggage, something broke and they couldn't get it from the plane to the conveyor so we waited quite a long time for our bags..If that is the worst that can happen then we can live with that.
Everyone here has been so nice. Our experience so far has been very good. We met Abel at the airport and he brought us to the guesthouse that we are staying in. We met another adoptive family on our way in this morning. I look forward to meeting them later. I heard that we are going out for a traditional dinner tonight at 7pm. I hope that I can make it that long!
Jeff and I were able to take a brief nap, shower and just had lunch. I have been up so long and had so many meals that I am not sure what meal we are on or when we are supposed to sleep!
Today we will go to the bethany office for them to review our court meeting with us and then we will go to the orphanage.
I will update later and hopefully have pictures!
Jeff and Amanda
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment