Today was Embassy day. All went well. We are done here except that we pick up Elijah Tekaye's visa on Thursday and then we can go home!! I am ready to come home and be with all THREE of my boys.
We have had a great trip so far. Satuday morning we arrived at 7:45AM... We had nothing to do Saturday or Sunday except rest and go to church. Good for prayer time. We are staying here with one of the families that we traveled with last time. They arrived Saturday night late. The company is nice. They are adopting an 8year old girl.
Monday we went to the Bethany office for them to review the embassy appointment with us. It was very quick. After this we were done early, so we were able to visit Elijah. That was awesome for me. We sat outside with him and looked at a book. When she handed him to me, he only cried briefly, but was very stiff because he was scared. We found a book to look at with him and he relaxed. By the time we left, he was leaning on me. The other family that we were with was outside too. Elijah seems to watch her to make sure things are okay. It is good that we are always together. I think it helps Elijah to relax a bit.
We went to lunch after our orphanage visit. Funny, I met a person that works for Bethany that lives in Grand Rapids at the restaurant. Small world. She is working on starting a campaign for sponsorship.
After lunch we went back to the orphanage. They had a farewell program for us at 2:30. They brought Mezalich (the little girl) and Elijah down in traditional clothing. They prayed around us and then the kids sat with us, while the older kids sang songs. It was cool. They served a cake, which we both cut and popcorn. All of the kids and nannies said goodbye. We had few tears. The car ride was great... he seemed totally relaxed. We brought him in and he fell asleep on me. The whole night, he seemed nervous about Jeff... When Jeff left the room, he would smile and talk to me. So cute. He slept and ate well.
This morning I woke to a little head looking at me. He was a bit shy and quiet in the morning again. Jeff finally was able to hold him today. I went to take a shower and when I came out I heard him and Jeff playing and laughing. He loves soccer. :) I went outside to find them playing and kicking the soccer ball. He was doing a lot of talking.
We had our Embassy visit after lunch - right at nap time. Perfect. Elijah, so far, just seems to go with the flow. He fell asleep in the car, sat with me the whole time and barely made a noise. The visit was short and smooth. We were back here to the guest house by 2:30 and we just laid Elijah down for a nap.
I miss you all and appreciate all of your prayers!
Amanda and Jeff
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment